Monday, August 22, 2011

My Grandma's

My Grandma Peters and I. She was so tiny, I had to remind her who I was when we entered her room.
My Grandma Venneman and I. She had a nice, yet sad talk with Tim and I right before we left, basically told us her goodbyes. The bittersweet part of our trip.
One of the main reasons for our trip to WY was to see both my Grandma's. Their health has been up and down and now mostly poor. My grandma on my mom's side has still been able to live at home but my other grandma recently was put in full-time nursing home care. I went and saw her with just my dad, Tim and I weren't too sure about the boys visiting the nursing home. I'm glad I left them behind because even I was shocked at how it is to be in a nursing home. It was beyond depressing for me. I think I cried on and off the whole time we were there, I was emotionally drained the rest of that day. I hope to live a long healthy life, but hope my final days or months aren't spent in a nursing home.

No comments:

Post a Comment